I have always said that my little Daniel is such a love, with the biggest heart. Well, he surprised me today with just how big his heart truly is. There is a little girl in his grade who has been diagnosed with a brain tumor. They have had the children do different things to show her support. They have made little origami birds for a display, and they have had a collection jar for the children to donate to help with her medical bills. They asked the children to give a dollar, and had the jar out last week. Last night before bed I gave Daniel $60 of his paper route money. He and Rachel only worked January, while we had the two routes, so this isn't a full time gig for him. He came home from school today and went and set the timer for one hour for his reading. This is his fifth day to do that and it is unheard of for him to read like this. He is excited about it! Anyway, I came down stairs and found him reading and went to ask about his day. He said "Mom, guess what I did at school today. You know that girl with the brain tumor? Well they've been collecting money for her, and at lunch I went up and asked if they were still taking money. They said yes, so I pulled $20 out of my wallet and gave it to them." I was speechless for a few seconds. He worked so hard for that money, got up so early, and braved snow storms, ice and below freezing weather. He had all sorts of plans for what he wanted to do with it. We had plans to go to Wal-Mart today for a little spending spree. And he gave $20 away to help someone. $20 is so much money for a 10 year old. I told him I was so proud of him and what a great heart he has. Rachel heard me and asked what we were talking about. "Your brother gave $20 of his paper route money to a little girl with a brain tumor today at school." She was shocked and impressed. "Most kids just gave a dollar, but I wanted to give more." "Wow, Dan. That could save her life!" It was so sweet. You try to teach your children to think of others and give service, and it is such a blessing when you actually see them putting Gospel principles into action. Is it any wonder that Christ teaches we must become like a little child to enter the Kingdom of Heaven? I mean, I spent the morning writing about how I wanted money to spend on decorating my house, and wishing I had a spare $40 for laundry hampers. At the same time my little boy was giving his money away to someone who had a greater need. My heart is still beating funny from the joy of it.