Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Playing Cupid




I guess I liked Valentines as a small girl,

But I hated it as a teen.

The boys I liked never noticed me,

And I thought that was so mean.

I’ve had my share of Valentines

Spent lonely and feeling blue

But now I celebrate early

Because of my love for you!

O.K., so you don’t play cupid

Quite as good as me

You still have time to catch up

Heck, you’ve got Eternity.

I’ll finish playing cupid

This Valentine’s 2008

I still have a few things planned

A Special Valentine’s Date!

But start thinking now what you can do

For Valentine’s 2009

Next year YOU get to be cupid

And the receiving job will be mine!



That's the poem I hung on the outside of Ryan's office door on Tuesday. While he was at a dentist appointment, the babies and I went over to the Court and decorated his office with over 60 Valentines. A couple of his clerks helped me with tape. The Judge came by while I was standing on his desk, taping one to the light. She thought it was cute. She's pretty cool and laid back. I turned off the light, shut the blinds by his door and on the windows so he wouldn't see anything before he opened the door. It looked dang cute and was a fun surprise for him.