Friday, February 22, 2008

Driver's Beware

Josh officially has his Learner's Permit now. The boy turned 15 in October and we just got around to getting it on Wednesday! We tried back in November, but he didn't pass the first time, and obviously wasn't in a hurry to take it again. Strange. It was hard not to laugh out loud as he was getting his picture taken, because he was trying to look so cool. Doesn't he know he is still my baby boy? So, I let him drive us home, because there was a back way that avoided Main Street. We aren't 1/4 a mile from the DMV when he runs a stop sign!!! We were on a through street, but we had a stop sign were a side street dead ended into ours. Does that make sense? Anyways, as we are coming up to it, without slowing, he says, "Hey! There's a stop sign." Goes right through it. I said, "Josh, you're supposed to stop at those." He said, "I thought it was a prank." Huh? He didn't know there was that side street as this was a road he hasn't been on much before, and thought some teenager had just stuck a stop sign out in the middle of a street to be funny. So I told him he needs to stop at all stop signs, even the prank ones, just in case! He's a good sport about letting me tease him about it. Plus, it makes for a pretty good story!