I checked my e-mail this morning before the paper route and found this letter from my dad. I am so excited!!!!
As some of you may recall, I have a monumental birthday coming up in a few days. I have a special request for each of you this year that would be very meaningful to me.
You will be receiving a check in the mail by Saturday or Monday for $100.00. I simply ask that you sit down as a family and discuss how you could make a difference in the life of one or more persons by using that $100 on their behalf. It would mean a lot to me if both Mom & Dad and children were all involved in the process.
Take photos if it would be appropriate and then post the experience on your blog by the evening of Friday, March 7th with comment about what you did and what it meant to your family. I will look forward with greater anticipation than any previous birthday to opening the blogs on Saturday morning and reading about your experience. I can’t think of a better gift than seeing each of you reaching out to others who are so much in need.
I sat down to watch the Thailand DVD tonight and was so pleased by the photos of our being together that will live on thru the years. But I came to tears when I could see the joy on your faces during the time we were with the hill tribes and listening to the rendition of “I am a child of God.” Those children were needy but there are also those around us who are also in need and who have just a fraction of the bounty that each one of us enjoys.
I look forward to the best birthday ever. I love you all.
Dad
PS Don’t forget to check your mailbox.