Tuesday, February 19, 2008

48 & 1

48 minutes exactly from pulling out of my driveway (after dropping of Josh) to pulling back in is how long it took me to do my paper route. 1 degree is how "warm" it was outside!

Last week we took on a second paper route in our neighborhood. The original plan was that it would be for Daniel and Rachel. That didn't work out so well. I fired one of them and one of them quit. I did a month of fighting and complaining on a route and I wasn't going to do it again. I was thinking I would have to tell the paper that we were going to have to pass on the route. But then I thought, hey, I'm up anyway. I'll do it! So, now I take Josh on his route, drop him off to get ready for school, and go do my own. This week-end he did drive me while I ran my route, which was fun for him. The guy at the paper had said this Cobblestone route would take 20 minutes. LIAR!! I am running from house to house and working up quite a sweat, and there is NO WAY I could do it in 20 minutes. But that's alright. I'm getting paid to exercise!

Why I Love The Paper Routes
1. It gets my butt out of bed!
2. I get to spend one on one time with Josh in the morning!
3. I get to read up on what's going on in the world for free.
4. I always know my daily horoscope.
5. I can multi-task: I listen to talks on tape while I roll the papers, and then I read once the papers are rolled while Josh runs his houses.
6. Once I drop Josh off, I have some alone time to think and plan my day without interruption.
7. I get paid to run!
8. I get to watch the sun come up over the mountains.
9. I get to look forward to a check each month and think about what I want to do with it.
10. I can go back to bed when it's all over if I want, because the babies are still sleeping.