Thursday, February 28, 2008

Half Pints Preschool












I just finished my 2nd day of preschool and it was ever so awesome. We meet Tue & Thur from 9-11 and each mom takes a week at a time. I went first since Spencer has had some separation issues since I got back from Thailand. Tuesday the children arrived and had 15 minutes of play time at first. Amber and Christy stayed to make sure their kids did alright. We had circle time, art, snack, lesson, music, and fitness. By 10:30 I was out of material and still had a half hour to go. We decided their attention spans were shorter than we had counted on, and we would need to have play time be a little longer. On the first day for art they colored tee-shirts to wear whenever they do art, and painted their carpet squares for circle time. They also made a little hand print page. Today our theme was the body. After 30 minutes of play we gathered for circle time. We have an opening prayer, do the pledge, sing a welcome song, sing the ABC's, sing a number song, and sing a days of the week song. Then we went over to a poster of a body and found different parts of our body. They were so dang cute!! Next we sang The Hokey Pokey. We put in our arms, legs, head, bum, and whole body. They were so darling. When we finished Spencer said "I like that song! That made me laugh!" Next up was art. We put on our tee-shirts and colored little puppets. Then had popcorn, music, and a story. Then it was back to the table to make an All About Me booklet and eat cookies. We ended with more play time until their moms came. They were so darling. I just loved it. Milly was right in the mix with them trying to do everything the big kids did, and they were great to include her. Spencer kind of hogged answering questions and the other kids didn't always get a chance to talk. But he is a genius, you know. Next week it is at Amber's, then Christy's, then Sue's, then back to me. I told Ryan that I am surprised at how much I liked having 6 little kidlets play and make messes for 2 hours. Plus, it makes me feel like a good mom. Spencer just loved it and I was happy that he was doing something other than watching TV!

PICTURES FROM TOP TO BOTTOM (Since I still haven't figured out how to put text between them.)

Spencer Owen Casperson...the cutest little guy in the world!
Anna
Kaden
Darcie
Jocelyn
Me & Spency
Christy & Kaden
Amber & Anna
Spencer & Anna making puppets
Art time! Coloring puppets (and my table--look at Anna, on the front right!)
The 2008 Half Pints Preschool (I couldn't get our honorary student, Miss Milly, to face the camera.)