Thursday, February 14, 2008

Kid, am I crazy?

For the love!!! We had three days of beautiful sunny weather. The temperature was in the 40's and the snow was melting fast. The streets were clear, and you were able to see grass on the edges of the snow piles where it was melting. Then yesterday we got hit with a blizzard!!! It must have snowed 10 inches. When I went to pick Daniel up from school it was coming down hard, and the wind was blowing so bad I couldn't believe it. I'm so sad. I could have taken the kids out for a walk on Tuesday, but thought, I'd do it Wednesday instead. No! Sad, sad day.

My friends Amber, Christy, and Sue came over yesterday for our second meeting to plan our co-op preschool. We are calling it Half Pints Preschool. Isn't that cute? We are starting the last week of February. We'll meet twice a week, with each mom taking a turn teaching. Yesterday we picked our themes through May, and assigned who needs to pick up what supplies. We'll meet one more time next week and then we start. There will be 5 children, and we'll meet for two hours at a time. I think the mom's might be more excited then the children at this point. Spencer is having some SERIOUS separation anxiety lately. I have always left my children from an early age for a date or errands or even an overnighter or two. But I think Thailand was too much for him. He doesn't want to go to nursery anymore, and he freaks out if I try to leave him at a friends for any amount of time. I'm going to take the first week of preschool, hoping that he'll have a good enough time that he won't be sad to go to Amber's the next week. Hope that plan works.

So, I'm sure that people are going to think I'm certifiable...but I took on a second paper route yesterday. Kid, am I crazy? We had two routes in January and it was AWFUL!!! But, the 2nd one was huge and spread out and in the opposite direction of our first one. The Herald Journal guy called on Tuesday and had a new route in our neighborhood that has 64 papers. 15 of them are in an apartment complex, and the rest are in a tiny neighborhood called Cobblestone. It's one street that makes a 'U'. He said the route will take maybe 20 minutes. He needed someone to start Friday. I told him we'd give it a try, but I didn't want to be stuck if it didn't work out. Well, he called yesterday morning around 8:00AM offering $20 if we could start that morning. His paper boy had just quit on him early. So, Daniel and the babies and I loaded up and threw it. It took us 1 1/2 hours...but only because we had a crappy map and didn't know where we were going. I had Ryan's friend in the City pull us a plot/address map and color coded it last night. This morning is going to be cake. This route is going to be Rachel and Daniel's. They are really excited. They were so happy to be done with the paper route last month. Then they got their checks. They've seen how fun it is to have some money. So they were thrilled to get such an easy route so close to home. Once they pay me for my time and gas they'll get $66 each a month. I'm still charging them my fee of $60. Now I'll have $120 to redecorate with each month. Yahoo!