What a fun time I had doing the 12 Days of Valentine's for Ryan. And tonight was the pinnacle love treat with the most wonderful Italian dinner with our friends. I had called 4 girlfriends at the end of January to see if they wanted to do the '12 Days' with me. We were each going to do our 11 days on our own, and then get together for a group dinner date on the 14th. My friend Ruth, who should open her own place, was the brains and recipes behind the best meal ever! She had Kim and Amber help and they prepared the most delicious spinach artichoke dip, salad, chicken alfredo, Italian sodas, and cheesecake. Ruth's cheesecake could put The Cheesecake Factory out of business!!! It was beautiful, with hand made chocolate hearts and drizzled with white chocolate. Then there were homemade carmel and chocolate sauces for it. Oh my gosh! I think I gained 5 pounds from that meal. Ruth did the shopping and we all paid her our share. That meal, for Ryan and I, was only $11!!!! Ryan wants to hire her to cook all our meals now! I was in charge of decorating. We had the meal at Susi's, because they don't have kids yet (but they do count their dog, Sophie) and so we didn't have to worry about shipping kids out. While she and James did a Temple session, I went over with DJ and Spencer to set up the tables and decorate. I took lots of pictures of the tables before anyone got there, and made sure I brought new batteries to take pictures of the party. And wouldn't you know that I forgot to take any!!! Ahh! I'm so mad at myself! I had really cute hair too! Anyway, I didn't tell Ryan what we were doing until we got to Susi's. The guys hung out in the living room while the girls finished the dinner preps. We gorged ourselves on that great cooking and then played some really fun games. It was a great night.
Right before we went into Susi's for dinner Ryan gave me my Valentine's present...a poem he had written. He wrote me a poem the week or two before he proposed, and he proposed with a poem. And then they just stopped!!! So I was very excited to get another!!
Of Lost Bolts 70 foot climb
When I looked into your eyes
And asked if you'd be mine.
I wrote a poem then
And gave you flowers too.
I guess that won you over
Because you said 'I do!'
The flowers have been few
The poems even fewer
I know that's not what you thought you got
Here's me, stinking like manure.
You are the best wife
I ever could have got.
I still think you're beautiful
And very, very hot!!
Twelve days of Valentines
Was more than I deserve.
I am in awe of your loving ways,
It seems you love to serve.
I can't express how much I care,
Your love is very sweet.
I need you more and more each day.
You make my soul complete.