Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Miss Messy Face


There is no denying that Milly Amanda is one of us. She loves to eat. As you can see, food makes her very happy! I let my kids start feeding themselves about the time they get teeth. Around 5 months Milly was in the high chair and learning how to pick up cheerios. Of course, I'll still feed her cereal, yogurt, pudding, etc. with a spoon. But for most other foods; noodles, cheese, veggies, fruit, dry cereal, etc. she is on her own. She makes a big mess and usually needs a bath after each meal. But I figure it is good for her development and helps her with dexterity and hand eye coordination, plus its fun to feel the different textures of different foods. Okay, fine! And I can eat at the same time. Anyways, this was a lunch of spaghetti casserole. I happened ot have some mint ice cream sandwiches on hand and gave her some cut up bites of that for dessert. Holy Cow! She went crazy for it! She was downing it so fast and then making a fuss for more. I had barely sat the next piece on her tray and she was trying to rip it from my hand. She basically ate 2 1/2 ice cream sandwiches. Silly Milly!