Is there a problem with Blogger or me? I am getting so frustrated. I keep getting messages about how Blogger has timed out, and am unable to post what I want and move on. Therefore I am quite behind in what I want to post and it's driving me crazy!
More snow today. I can't stand it! I am so not a fan of winter. My nutty friend Sophia loves the snow. I think she's insane!
My laundry pile is back. Dagnabit! But that's my goal today. It might be one step forward-two steps back until I get used to changing that habit. Man! Bad habits are hard to break.
I am not getting to the gym as much as I would like. Well...I would like to go twice a day. It's such a stress reliever. I wish I could go in the mornings, as I'm just pooped by the end of the day. But they don't offer daycare, so I'm stuck waiting for Ryan to come home. Unless I go as soon as the kids get home from school. I might have to resort to that.
Spencer is doing so amazing on his potty progress. He hasn't had any accidents, and he's napping in underwear and staying dry, as well as waking up dry in the morning. I've reused the same pull-up on him for three nights. Is that gross?
Milly will not leave the bandage on her hand. She bites it off. Little pill.
My mother-in-law, Joyce, and my sister-in-law, Lindsay stopped by yesterday. They are fun to see. Ryan was home with his tooth pain, and we made them play two quick games of Pick with us before they could leave. Joyce invited me to join a little "quilting club" with her and Lindsay. We're going to get together once a month at their place and work on quilting projects. I'm so excited!
I called a few friends yesterday and organized a little book club. We are going to work on one book for the whole year..."12 Simple Secrets Real Moms Know" by Michelle Borba. We're going to read one chapter a month, and then get together to discuss how we are doing on that 'secret.' I think it will be great to get some insight from different moms. I've asked a few friends with younger families, and some with teens. It should be fun.
Ryan had to have a root canal on Wednesday night, and go back for more work on Thursday night. He has just been feeling so much pain the last few days. I'd rather give birth than go to the dentist.
Kenny found someone to take over the Providence paper route!!!! But they can't start until Feb. 1st. Bummer. Two more weeks. Help me! If I wasn't making money off of the paper route I would want to quit.
Had parent/teacher conference with Josh and Rachel last night. All the teachers said what well behaved students they are and that they are good in class. I always hear that about Roo, but this is new for Josh. It's so nice!!! Their grades are decent. The bad ones are from not turning things in, which is frustrating. But they still have 6 weeks in this term to get them up.
What else? What else? Oh! I listened to another Jack Christensen talk this morning on the route. "Women of Light." So good. He is very inspiring. I've also been reading more in Facing Your Giants and read a great chapter on forgiveness. I'll have to copy some of what it said.
Here's something fun...I have a darling friend who is a professional knitter. Her name is Isela, and she is one of my Kick Asphalt friends. She has a web site all about knitting, has been on TV teaching knitting, has written books, and she and her husband build looms for a living. She is WAY talented. Anyway, she has been writing a book for the last few months and when I was over at her house this summer I told her she should name a pattern after me...and she did! I came home Wednesday night and on my table was her new book opened to the page titled "Jamie's Mitts" with the most gorgeous green cable mitts on top! I was so excited. How good of a friend is that? I want her to show me how to make them so I can give them as Christmas presents.
Yesterday Spencer and Milly and I built a tent in the living room and played dragon. Spency was the Daddy Dragon, Milly was the Mommy, and I was the Baby. I have so much fun with those babies. Whoops. I mean that baby and big boy. They are such loves. I think with your first kids you run the risk of taking for granted how long they are little. It goes so quick! Josh will be putting in mission papers in 2011. That will be here in a blink of an eye. Rachel will be married before I know it. Daniel is going to be driving before long. STOP THE INSANITY!!! I want to freeze them so they are forever mine. But I know the way of life is for them to grow up and fly out of the little nest I've made. I hope I am doing an adequate job of preparing them for the real world.
My neighbor called yesterday to get my Tuna Casserole recipe. I have been making Tuna Cass since I was 10 years old. My Grandma Mabel taught me how to make it the day my youngest sister was born. I think I have the best recipe in the world. I've tweaked it over the years and added this and that. But the basic is the best. It's quick and it's cheap!
Boil one bag of noodles.
In microwave safe bowl mix: 2 cans tuna (drained)
1 can green beans (drained)
1 large can cream of chicken soup
cheese
Stir together and microwave for 5 minutes. Drain noodles, add to sauce and serve!! Easy, huh?