Why am I struggling so much with my goals and getting my butt in gear this year? We are 22 days into the year and I just don't feel improved in anything. There is so much I want to accomplish in a day, and so much more character I want to develop in myself...and yet I find that I spend my time so frivolously. I don't want to, but it's almost like I can't help it. I'm my own worse enemy. I've made some sticker charts that I've hung in my closet and I'm hoping they will help me get on track. I've made one to chart reading the Book of Mormon (5 chapters) each day. One is to chart my laundry disorder, and the other is to chart my workouts. I am having a hard time staying off the dang computer. I am constantly on my blog, the Kick Asphalt forum, or Hotmail. I might have Ryan take our connection to Digis to work tomorrow, and I can only have it when he gets home IF I've done all my chores. How pathetic that I can't self regulate better. Aaaarrrrgggghhhhh!!!!!
That said...I really do think a lot of my problem is that Satan knows I've made some great goals, and he's trying to sidetrack me with distraction, exhaustion, and DVR. My sister Lindsey said something interesting the other night. She said her problem is sometimes low self-esteem, or body image stuff, and she knows that is just him trying to mess with her. So when she catches herself going down that road she'll think "That's the best you can do? Try to make me feel fat? That's all you've got for me?" And Satan takes a hike. I was listening to a great Jack Christensen talk on tape and he said "Satan Don't Kick No Dead Dogs." Meaning--he's not going to waste his time on someone who isn't trying to better themselves and do good in the world. I guess I should view my difficulty at getting my year off right as a sign that I am capable of doing all I want to...and that doing so will improve and lift me, my family, my associates, etc. So...Devil Be Wear....in the words of Scarlett O'Hara (again)...Tomorrow Is Another Day.......and I'm going to get it right.
Things To Be Proud Of Today...
Enjoyed my time with Rachel, Daniel, and Spencer on the paper route.
Worked out this morning with Rachie at Planet Fitness. That Arc Trainer is a beast!
Got everyone's dental checkups done.
Took good care of a sick little boy and bought him ice cream sandwiches.
Didn't get impatient with anyone.
Showered.