
(I promised Spencer a letter about elephants--but I don't want to write it twice--sorry for the 2 1/2 year old level of the letter)
Dear Spency,
Guess what?! Today Mommy rode an elephant!!! Her name was Ding Dong and she was the cutest baby elephant ever! She lives at the hotel where we are at and was walking on the beach with her trainer. She comes to the beach twice a day, so we had been waiting for her. She is 6 years old and she can do so many tricks! She can play a harmonica, she can Wai, she can bow, she can dance, she can stand on her back legs, she can eat bananas out of your hand, she can kiss you with her trunk, she can unwrap money from a banana and put the banana in her mouth and the money in the pocket of her trainer, and she can swim!!! She is one great elephant. She would pose for pictures by smiling and crossing her legs. She was so cute. She bowed down low so I could climb up on her. Her skin was tough, but she also had lots of long, soft, hair. She stood up on two legs while I held onto her ears. She ate bananas from my hands by taking them with her trunk. She also picked me up with her trunk! Then she went down to the ocean and swam! You should have seen her. She was so cute. I couldn't stop smiling and saying "She's so great!" Aunt Sara and Aunt Lindsey were teasing me. In the ocean she would go under water and roll around. I've never seen anything like it. Then I got to sit on her again in the water! Annie took lots of good pictures. Then she let me off and sprayed me with water. It was so fun! I couldn't wait to write you all about it, becuase I had promised you I would ride an elephant.
I miss you so much, Big Boy! I can't wait to show you all my pictures. Tell your brothers and sisters all about Ding Dong and give them all a big hug and kiss for me. Tell everyone I love them!
Love, Mommy