Sunday, January 13, 2008

Letters From Thailand 5

Dear Kidlets,

Hello! I'm sorry I haven't written until now. I couldn't find internet. How are you guys doing? I think about you all the time. I hate that I just can't pick up the phone and call you! I miss the sound of your voices. I hope you are having fun with Grandma and being good little kidlets.

Dear Millycakes, I love you! Are you crawling everywhere yet? I hope you haven't fallen down the stairs! I can't wait to slurp you to pieces when I get home!

Dear Spencer Boy, How is my little buddy? Are you feeling better? Is your medicine working? Are you having fun with Grandma? Do Landon and Chase come to play a lot? Are you sharing your toys good? Guess what? I went to a Snake Farm and I held a giant python snake with Daddy!! I have a picture I can show you. I also held a tiny little monkey baby named Latte. She was so cute! She was a 5 month old Gibbon baby. She wore a little diaper and cuddled. Daddy fed her some milk from a bottle.

Dear Big Kids, I wish you could see what I am seeing. It is so fascinating! The Thai people are so friendly and so nice. Yet some are sooooo poor! You will not believe the shack houses I will show you. Many live on the river or canal in these tiny, rickety homes. I'm trying to get lots of pictures. Yesterday we went to the Grand Palace. Wow! Words can't describe. Today we went to Wat Pho and saw the Reclining Buddha...a HUGE golden Buddah. There are so many similarities between Buddhism and Mormonism. It is very interesting. Dad gave his talk on it tonight.

Tomorrow morning we leave Bangkok for Chiang Rai. It is an hour+ flight. It is colder in the Chiang Rai Provence, and Papa says much poorer then here. That is where we will visit the Hill Tribes.

Guess what? We came in 3rd on the Thailand test. I can't believe it! I'm so sorry. There is still a second part to the test that will come later, but right now it looks like no hot tub for us. I'm sorry.

Joyce: How is it going? Are you surviving? I wish we could call. Could you give Carol an update and she can write me? Is Spencer in good health? Are the teenagers being cooperative? Would you be interested in any Thai silk material for sewing?

I'll send more details in a group letter. I love all of you so much. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Please write me, or tell Carol a sentence or two to send me. Hugs and Kisses!!...

Mom