Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The Lump

This is my Spencer. We call him Lumpy and Lump. His older brother coined the phrase when he was a baby, because he thought his head was lumpy. He would actually call him "Lumpy Headed Baby." We like to try to inflict the most emotional damage here. For the record, his head is perfectly normal, and always has been. Spencer is the world's funniest two year old, and we just love him to death. He is such a talker and says the funniest things. Although lately he does like to ask "why" to almost anything I tell him, and that is about to drive me crazy! I love his little face and his laugh and his hugs. Whenever I come home from running an errand he'll say, "Mommy! You're home now!" and throw his arms around me. It's the best. He loves books, cars, and TV. His favorite shows right now are Dora, Diego, Mickey Mouse, and Backyardigans. He will be three in March, and we've tried some potty training already, but today I decided I just needed to bite the bullet and get it over with. I really don't want to. I've done this three times already. Can't it be Ryan's turn? So, Spency is in underwear again, and I have told him his diaper days are over. Wish me luck. I know he is ready enough that if I stay on it, we can be potty trained by the end of the week. I do have to share a funny story. Last week we were in underwear and he had an accident in them. He takes them off and heads for the laundry room, swinging them by the waistband above his head. Well, this wasn't a 'wet' accident, and the contents of the underwear came flying out and smacked into my bedroom door. That was fun!!! Of course when I told Spencer he couldn't swing dirty undies over his head, his response was "Why?"