Dear Carol,
Hello. I am writing you from the future. It's 15:08 here. On Sunday! It's Saturday still where you are. But what does 15:08 mean, you ask? I'll tell you...3:08PM. Two hours to go before we can head over to our gate to start boarding. We are being held hostage in the International Airport Transit Center. Seeing as most people here have no idea what I'm saying, and I don't speak Korean, what I've been able to gather is that once you enter you may not leave unless it is on your plane to your final destination. No sight seeing. No fresh air. No Haesoopia Day Spa. Just hours on end in a stuffy motel room with no AC. Ryan and I tried the old "American Idol Concert Trick" of just heading down some stairs, but the security here was a little tighter than at the Delta Center and we were sent back upstairs pronto. I will be interested to see if the folks and the Bundy's get stuck in here as well. There were two lines when we came off of the plane from Vegas. One through customs, and one to the transit area. We figured we could check into our room and then go play--but no. This airport is funny. There are tons of stores to shop at, probably as many as the Cache Valley Mall. Seriously, it's bigger than that. But they are the same 3 or 4 stores over and over. High end purses, jewelry, and ties. We looked all over for somewhere to eat-I think I mentioned that in the first letter-and ended up getting a nasty little club sandwich that cost $10. But then Ryan and I went exploring and on the info map like they have at mall's we saw a sign for Subway, KFC, Burger King, and Dunkin' Donuts. Jackpot! But alas, they were closed. However, we did find a little food court that had pizza, and much better looking sandwiches with french fries for almost half the cost. Right now I am quite starving. But I'm sure we'll get dinner on the plane. Of course, that's 2+ hours away. Shoot. After exploring we came back to the hotel room. We had left Sara and Cody sleeping--or so we thought! Cody answered the door shirtless and in some little short shorts. You'd think they'd try to cover up better. Actually, they had been working out. I changed into my shorts, put on my music, and did my aerobics in the corner as well. Ryan watched TV. Now we're all showered and just killing time before we get on a plane for another 5 1/2 hours. When we land in Bangkok we've got to exchange our money and find a taxi to take us to our hotel. There is one Marriott in downtown Bangkok, and then there is ours on the river. I hope we make it there. What was Big Papa doing sending us off alone?
How our the little boys? I guess you probably don't have them anymore now. I am missing my kidlets tons. I'm surprised how much I want to talk to them. Hopefully that goes away by tomorrow morning. How long were you homesick for yours when you went to China? Hey! I think I can hear you laughing from there! Does that mean you weren't? When are we going to go on a big adventure trip together. If nothing else we have to drive to Vegas and ride the Desperado. Okay-I'll let you go for now. Sorry to send so many letters in one day. I love you!
Jamie
Hey! P.S. I never did get a will made. If we go down, could you see that my children are dispersed as follows...
Dad & Mom = Josh
Cody & Sara = DJ & Milly
Bundy & Linny = Rachel & Spencer
If Pete's go down with us then DJ & Milly go to Papa & Annie as well.
Brent can never know that I'm dead. See to that, okay?
If I did, you can have my VHS copy of Sound of Music as well as Gone With The Wind. That's how much I love you!
Jo