Saturday, March 8, 2008

Spring Fever




This week has been beautiful. Sure the temp- erature hasn't been much higher than 30, but that's nice for a Cache Valley winter. I've taken the babies out for walks, and let them play in the yard. Poor Millycakes isn't used to walking on the grass and she did fall quite a bit. Yesterday I got out Spencer's plastic horse for her to play on in the yard. I gave her a jam sandwich and took some pictures. It was kind of freaky because I have pictures of Spencer in that exact spot in the yard, eating a sandwich, at about the same age. They look so much alike. Which is great, because I think they are both the most beautiful little guy and girl on the planet. I cleaned out the garage while they played. Spencer got out my spade and shoveled snow. His little friend Kaden, who lives across the street and is in his preschool, came over with his spade as well. We also got out Spency's power wheels car. He had fun driving that. The motorcycle still needed to charge.

I could not believe the amount of dirt in the garage. SICK!! There was just a cloud of it in the air as I swept. I think I swept it 4 times, and was still getting dirt piles. I had to get out the hose to spray it out of the driveway. I moved some things in the garage and put a new rug down in front of the door. I brought the 50 pairs of shoes in and asked everyone to sort through what they actually wear or want to keep. I have a big bucket set aside for the DI. Daniel had some shoes that were a 3 that he was wearing still. Hello--he's a 5! Their feet grow so fast. I can't keep up on them. I washed all my running shoes in bleach and bought new shoe laces. I think Stacey buys new $200 running shoes several times a year. Mine have to make it a little longer than that, so the new laces should make them look pretty.

After school Josh and I went to Wells Fargo and opened him a teen checking account. "Sunrise. Sunset." That was followed by a trip to T-Mobile for a cell phone. I so don't think kids should have cell phones, and I really put off getting him one. But my Aunt Carol says she loves having her children have one, so they can always get in touch with each other. Josh has his own plan that he is 100% responsible for paying for. He got a free phone that is nicer than mine, but he doesn't like it because it isn't a Blackberry. It's a Motorola Razer and nice.

I went to pick up our paper route checks yesterday and I'm trying so hard to stay calm and not get mad. We have our two routes, and so we should have had two checks. They had the check for Josh's route, and there were no problems with it. But the check for my route was made out to the kid who quit the route last month. And they are saying that half of it goes to him, and so I won't be getting the amount that they originally said I would get. We had gotten receipts on the 28th that showed what each check would be, and listed complaint fees and tips. I have planned on and budgeted for $185....and now who knows what I'll be getting. The thing that makes me the most upset is that they don't seem to care too much that they screwed up and aren't in any big hurry to fix it. But I don't want to yell at anyone about it, because I like my paper route and want to keep it. What is a girl to do?

So, I went to bed last night looking forward to another sunny day, and thinking I would maybe even be able to get a bike ride in if I bundled up enough. Sadly, when I opened the front door at 5:45AM to grab the papers it was snowing!!! I am so sad and disappointed.