Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Beans

I know he isn't the first child to do it. I've heard stories of all sorts of things children have used. But yesterday was my first experience with a child sticking something up their nose. Spencer went to preschool yesterday and one of the art projects they made was a musical shaker, filled with small red beans. He came upstairs and I could see a little red something in the end of his nose. I thought maybe he'd had a bloody nose and had one of those yucky bloody buggars. "Spencer, do you have a buggar?" "No. It's not a buggar." Then I knew. Beans! The first one came out relatively easy. But there were more. To make a very long and stressful, and cry filled story short...I got 4 beans out of his nose!!!! I wanted to make sure I got them all, so I went to my friend Cannon's house. He's a fireman, and had a bunch of stuff at home. We think we saw one more way up there. But we couldn't get to it. I tried going up with tweezers, which just pushes them in farther. We can't see anything now, so either, we didn't really see a 5th bean. Or he will begin sprouting in a few days. What is the thought process that compels a child to stick beans up their nose? And that many!!! Help me, Ronda!